Coronaviruses are a family of viruses there are many different kinds, it is like SARS and MERS. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared this rapidly spreading coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, which is life-threatening that causes disease in animals. Seven, including the new virus, have made the jump to humans, but most just cause cold-like symptoms.
What are the symptoms of Coronaviruses?
Coronaviruses symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
How can you try to stay well?
- Wash hands for about 20 seconds with soap and hot water or use a sanitizer gel
- Even if you have no symptoms, you should work at home where possible and avoid social venues
- Use a tissue for coughs and sneezes
- If you don’t have tissue use your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell